In This Issue…
- Zoom call with Sen. Lankford on Wednesday
- FDIC chairperson, Fed vice chair headline ABA’s ‘Unconventional Convention’
- OBA education corner …
Zoom call with Sen. Lankford on Wednesday
The OBA will host a Zoom call with Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.) at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday. All those at OBA-member banks are invited to join.
Here is the Zoom info:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 912 8458 6254
For Telephone Audio:
+1 346 248 7799
Meeting ID: 912 8458 6254
FDIC chairperson, Fed vice chair headline ABA’s ‘Unconventional Convention’
FDIC Chairperson Jelena McWilliams and Federal Reserve Vice Chair Richard Clarida are among the notable speakers who will address bankers at the American Bankers Association’s Unconventional Convention, held virtually Oct. 19-20.
The event, one of the largest banking industry gatherings in the country, will combine six separate ABA events into a single online experience where attendees can pick and choose the sessions and speakers that most interest them.
The convention will feature live general sessions and a wealth of on-demand content featuring dedicated sessions for bank marketers, CFOs and operations professionals, agricultural bankers, CEOs and bank directors.
For more information or to register, visit aba.com/uncon or call 1-800-BANKERS.
OBA education corner …
Temperatures are dropping, and so are some live OBA education events in the near future. Look for those coming up soon. You can also download a flyer highlighting upcoming webinars by clicking here, or just peruse below for those coming soon!
NOTE: Effective March 16, and until further notice, TTS (our webinar provider) has extended the OnDemand access period for all ‘Live Plus Five (Days)’ registrants to 60 days (versus five business days). Also, they are waiving the $75 per location fee for additional locations.
- 2020 Advanced New Accounts Seminar, Oct. 20, Tulsa — This program will get you up to speed on both practical and legal requirements for opening and documenting various types of non-basic new accounts.
- Reporting Critical Information Security, Oct. 23, webinar — This course will cover what you need to report upstream to help the Board and Executives your ISP and risk.
- Developing BSA Training, Oct. 27, webinar — During this program you will learn how to build a BSA training program appropriate for each group of employees in your organization.
- Virtual Real Estate Lending Compliance Seminar, Oct. 27-28, virtual seminar — The program provides an overview of the real estate lending requirements from 10 regulations, along with comprehensive coverage of selected topics, policy suggestions, employee training tips, audit techniques and steps to eliminate past problems.
- SAR Decision Making, Oct. 28, webinar — This program includes a review of the New SAR and its new data fields.
- Virtual Fair Lending Seminar, Oct. 29, virtual seminar — This information-packed seminar provides the refresher on the basic concepts of fair lending.
- IRA Basics Seminar, Nov. 3-4, Tulsa, Nov. 5-6, Oklahoma City — Whether you are looking to gain basic knowledge of IRAs, raise your comfort level or sharpen your skills with the most up-to-date rules and regulations, this two day format will cover everything!
- 2020 Fall HR Seminar, Nov. 10, Oklahoma City — This seminar addresses where we are with COVID-19 today, potential problems with Social Media and your policy. We will also explore processes for creating a compensation plan and what benefits may look like in 2021.
Registration is now open for the 2020 Virtual Women in Banking Forum. All are encouraged to register for this informative event, and attendance is FREE! Click here for more information and to sign up.
This year is (finally!) ending and we have next year’s OBA schools on the calendar. Click here to download the schedule and sign up to receive more information on schools you may be interested in.