In This Issue…
- ABA, OBA creates voting resource page for bankers
- OBA Oktoberfest Golf Tournament successful
- OBA education corner …
ABA, OBA creates voting resource page for bankers
It’s officially October, and news on the presidential election is on every corner. The conversation has taken over social media, television and even the dinner table. While talking about the election is a great way to educate yourself and others, the most essential part is exercising your right to vote.
The ABA has teamed with the OBA to create a Get Out the Vote resource page to enable bankers to quickly learn more about whether they’re registered to vote, where they can vote and how they can learn about the candidates on their ballots. The page includes a toolkit with important dates, links and tips for creating awareness and promoting voter participation among employees at your organization.
The website and toolkit are Oklahoma-specific and are great resources to share with family and friends.
You can download the resource page here. Read it, print it and share with someone you know today!
OBA Oktoberfest Golf Tournament successful
The OBA Oktoberfest Golf Tournament went off without a hitch on Monday, as it took place at the River Oaks Golf Club in Edmond.
Several dozen bankers and those involved in the banking industry took part in the tournament. We’d like to thank all those who joined us to play, as well as all our sponsors who helped up put on the tournament!
OBA education corner …
Temperatures are dropping, and so are some live OBA education events in the near future. Look for those coming up soon. You can also download a flyer highlighting upcoming webinars by clicking here, or just peruse below for those coming soon!
NOTE: Effective March 16, and until further notice, TTS (our webinar provider) has extended the OnDemand access period for all ‘Live Plus Five (Days)’ registrants to 60 days (versus five business days). Also, they are waiving the $75 per location fee for additional locations.
- W9, W-8BEN and WBENE for Deposit Accounts, Oct. 14, webinar — This program will focus on what a US financial institution has to do from the tax reporting and documentation process to be prepared for FATCA. We will also look at the impact on 1042S reporting changes for nonresident aliens.
- 2020 Virtual Universal Banker Seminar, Oct. 14, Oct. 15, virtual seminars — This two-day program focuses on the essentials for today’s universal banker in providing exceptional service, making referrals, and building profitable relationships from millennials to baby boomers.
- Outsourced Third Party Risk Management Program, Oct. 16, webinar — Outsourced Third Party (Vendor) Risk Management is a top priority with the regulators. Susan Orr has assisted numerous institutions with developing their Outsourced Third Party Risk Management Program and will share her insights into developing an effective program in this webinar.
- Advanced Tax Return Analysis, Oct. 19, webinar — This webinar will provide the banker with several advanced tax return concepts and related analyses to help them more effectively work with their business customers.
- 2020 Advanced New Accounts Seminar, Oct. 20, Tulsa — This program will get you up to speed on both practical and legal requirements for opening and documenting various types of non-basic new accounts.
- Common Pitfalls of ARM Disclosures, Oct. 21, webinar — This two-hour program explains how to avoid problems when developing, maintaining and auditing ARM disclosures. The program explains the rules, reviews typical problems that occur, and provides steps to assure ongoing compliance.
- BSA/AML & OFAC Compliance – Part II, Oct. 21, webinar — In Part 2, we’ll discuss the Customer Identification Program (CIP) rules, other BSA reporting, including funds transfer recordkeeping, PEPs, pouch rules, and the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) regulations.
- Treasury Management: A Powerful Tool to Increase Deposits and Fee Income, Oct. 22, webinar — You will walk away from this course with a deeper knowledge of Treasury Management, learn to conduct risk assessments on new products, and learn strategies to increase core deposits.
- Reporting Critical Information Security, Oct. 23, webinar — This course will cover what you need to report upstream to help the Board and Executives your ISP and risk.
- Developing BSA Training, Oct. 27, webinar — During this program you will learn how to build a BSA training program appropriate for each group of employees in your organization.
- Virtual Real Estate Lending Compliance Seminar, Oct. 27-28, virtual seminar — The program provides an overview of the real estate lending requirements from 10 regulations, along with comprehensive coverage of selected topics, policy suggestions, employee training tips, audit techniques and steps to eliminate past problems.
- Virtual Fair Lending Seminar, Oct. 29, virtual seminar — This information-packed seminar provides the refresher on the basic concepts of fair lending.
- 2020 Fall HR Seminar, Nov. 10, Oklahoma City — This seminar addresses where we are with COVID-19 today, potential problems with Social Media and your policy. We will also explore processes for creating a compensation plan and what benefits may look like in 2021.
- 2020 Operations School, Nov. 16-20, Oklahoma City — The Oklahoma Bankers Association’s Operations School is designed to prepare junior-level officers to mid-level operations managers to manage effectively and efficiently an operations function within a bank.
Mark your calendars for these other future events. The 2021 OBA Convention will be held on May 24-26 at the new Omni Hotel in Oklahoma City, and the OBA Senior Management Forum, March 28-30 at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. Look for more information coming soon on both these programs.
Also, registration is now open for the 2020 Virtual Women in Banking Forum. All are encouraged to register for this informative event, and attendance is FREE! Click here for more information and to sign up.
This year is (finally!) ending and we have next year’s OBA schools on the calendar. Click here to download the schedule and sign up to receive more information on schools you may be interested in.