In This Issue…
- 2019 OBA Convention is here!
- Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame taking nominations
- OBA Emerging Leaders Mix & Mingles scheduled with OSCPA
- OBA education corner …
2019 OBA Convention is here!
The 2019 OBA Annual Convention and Trade Show is currently taking place in Edmond where our keynote speaker, Eric Maddox will speak before our business session and various breakout sessions later today. Also, Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt made a surprise appearance this morning at the Convention, talking about happenings at the state Capitol.
Eric Maddox, a retired soldier in the U.S. Army and the Defense Intelligence Agency, will give his talk called “What’s Your Ace of Spades?” Along with our convention, Maddox continues to help corporations, organizations, universities, CEOs and audiences worldwide in the art of questioning, negotiations and information gathering to use for their advantage.
After our various breakout sessions and speakers, the day will end at the ShowBiz Cinema Bowling Center where our Emerging Leaders will host a night of bowling.
Clifton Taulbert will be our keynote speaker tomorrow morning on May 22, the last day of the Convention.
Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame taking nominations
The Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame has been created by the OBA Board of Directors to honor individual bankers for their contributions to the banking industry and the State of Oklahoma.
In addition, the Hall of Fame is intended to recognize bankers’ achievements on behalf of the Association’s member banks.
- Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame overview.
- Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame nomination instructions.
- Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame nomination form.
Bankers make a difference in their communities every day. To rise to the level required for induction into the Hall of Fame, the nominating committee for the Hall will examine whether the individual banker has made a difference beyond their local community. The Hall of Fame will also preserve the unique history of Oklahoma’s banking greats.
The following criteria will be considered by the nominating committee when selecting individuals to be nominated for selection to the Hall of Fame:
- Affiliation (past or present) with an Association member bank.
- Service on boards or committees of the Association.
- Participation in the activities of banker trade associations at the national level, such as the American Bankers Association and Independent Community Bankers of America.
- Contributions to the development, improvement and growth of the banking industry in Oklahoma.
Whether the individual has had a significant impact on the manner in which financial services are provided to consumers.
- The individual has demonstrated the importance of community involvement and participation in the work of various community groups at the local, state and national levels.
- The number of years of service to the state and the industry.
Nominations for induction into the Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame may be made by any bank employee of an OBA-member bank. There is no limit on the number of nominees that can be presented to the nominating committee in any given year.
Nominees may be either living or deceased.
Nomination forms are available by clicking here and can also be obtained by calling the Association (405/424-5252) or emailing email@example.com. Anyone who was on the ballot previously but not elected will automatically be included with applications received this year for ballot selection by the Nominating Committee. They don’t need to do anything but are welcome to ‘update’ their application if they’d like. The application and other helpful information are available on our website.
Note: The deadline for receipt of applications is June 28, 2019.
OBA Emerging Leaders Mix & Mingles scheduled with OSCPA
Grab a seat with us May 23 and enjoy drinks and networking hosted by the OBA Emerging Leaders in partnership with the OSCPA’s Young Accounting Professionals. These Mix & Mingles are 5:30-7 p.m., come and go.
The May Mix & Mingle will provide a unique atmosphere to meet fellow upcoming leaders in Tulsa or Oklahoma City metro.
Main Street Tavern
1325 E 15th St. Tulsa, OK 74120
|Oklahoma City location:
Banquet Cinema Bar
810 NW 4th St. Oklahoma City, OK 73106
OBA education corner …
Break out your sunscreen and flip-flops because warm weather is on the way! OBA’s education events are also on the way, so get signed up for an event and participate in all the summer fun the OBA has to offer!
Take note of the following:
- Living Trust Documents, May 29, webinar — This presentation will provide financial institution personnel with best practices to use when dealing with these complex legal documents.
- Audit Reporting, May 29, webinar — This highly specialized webinar offers a deep and useful toolbox of techniques that auditors can use when noting audit observations, drafting objective work papers, and composing well-structured, detailed, and fluent audit reports.
- CECL Methodology, May 30, webinar — This program is designed to review the elements and thought the process in establishing and maintaining an adequate ALLL level under the new regulatory guidance referred to as CECL.
- FDIC INTREx Work Program, May 31, webinar — The work program incorporates many of the work steps and review areas from the FFIEC IT Examination Handbook while drawing from the CAT declarative statements and adopting a focus on cybersecurity.