In This Issue…
- Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame taking nominations
- OBA hosting fundraising event for Gov. Stitt
- Not too late to register for 2019 OBA Convention!
- OBA Emerging Leaders Mix & Mingles scheduled with OSCPA
- OBA education corner …
Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame taking nominations
The Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame has been created by the OBA Board of Directors to honor individual bankers for their contributions to the banking industry and the State of Oklahoma.
In addition, the Hall of Fame is intended to recognize bankers’ achievements on behalf of the Association’s member banks.
- Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame overview.
- Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame nomination instructions.
- Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame nomination form.
Bankers make a difference in their communities every day. To rise to the level required for induction into the Hall of Fame, the nominating committee for the Hall will examine whether the individual banker has made a difference beyond their local community. The Hall of Fame will also preserve the unique history of Oklahoma’s banking greats.
The following criteria will be considered by the nominating committee when selecting individuals to be nominated for selection to the Hall of Fame:
- Affiliation (past or present) with an Association member bank.
- Service on boards or committees of the Association.
- Participation in the activities of banker trade associations at the national level, such as the American Bankers Association and Independent Community Bankers of America.
- Contributions to the development, improvement and growth of the banking industry in Oklahoma.
Whether the individual has had a significant impact on the manner in which financial services are provided to consumers.
- The individual has demonstrated the importance of community involvement and participation in the work of various community groups at the local, state and national levels.
- The number of years of service to the state and the industry.
Nominations for induction into the Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame may be made by any bank employee of an OBA-member bank. There is no limit on the number of nominees that can be presented to the nominating committee in any given year.
Nominees may be either living or deceased.
Nomination forms are available by clicking here and can also be obtained by calling the Association (405/424-5252) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Anyone who was on the ballot previously but not elected will automatically be included with applications received this year for ballot selection by the Nominating Committee. They don’t need to do anything but are welcome to ‘update’ their application if they’d like. The application and other helpful information are available on our website.
Note: The deadline for receipt of applications is June 28, 2019.
OBA hosting fundraising event for Gov. Stitt
The OBA is hosting a fundraising event in support of Governor Kevin Stitt from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on June 5. We encourage all of our bankers to attend the fundraiser and support our new governor.
You can RSVP to Adrian Beverage at the OBA (Adrian@oba.com).
Not too late to register for 2019 OBA Convention!
Check out the Adobe Spark-rendered page below to learn more about the upcoming OBA Convention and to get registered!
(No time for fancy webpages and simply want to get to the registration page and brochure? No problem: click here!)
OBA Emerging Leaders Mix & Mingles scheduled with OSCPA
Grab a seat with us May 23 and enjoy drinks and networking hosted by the OBA Emerging Leaders in partnership with the OSCPA’s Young Accounting Professionals. These Mix & Mingles are 5:30-7 p.m., come and go.
The May Mix & Mingle will provide a unique atmosphere to meet fellow upcoming leaders in Tulsa or Oklahoma City metro.
Main Street Tavern
1325 E 15th St. Tulsa, OK 74120
|Oklahoma City location:
Banquet Cinema Bar
810 NW 4th St. Oklahoma City, OK 73106
OBA education corner …
Break out your sunscreen and flip-flops because warm weather is on the way! OBA’s education events are also on the way, so get signed up for an event and participate in all the summer fun the OBA has to offer!
Take note of the following:
- Call Center Training, May 20, webinar — This webinar will focus on the customer service aspects of Call Centers, rather than software or technology.
- BSA for Lenders, May 21, webinar — This program will assist your bank in determining whether your BSA Compliance Program adequately includes controls, such as training, policies and procedures, monitoring, etc for loan products in addition to deposit products.
- Third Party and Fourth Party Management, May 22, webinar — This will explore best practices for Vendor Management, Third Party Risk Management, Fourth Party Management and Customer Risk Management.
- CRE Lending, May 23, webinar — This program covers the key variables and concepts for determining CRE cash flow and transaction-level stress-testing.
- Living Trust Documents, May 29, webinar — This presentation will provide financial institution personnel with best practices to use when dealing with these complex legal documents.
- Audit Reporting, May 29, webinar — This highly specialized webinar offers a deep and useful toolbox of techniques that auditors can use when noting audit observations, drafting objective work papers, and composing well-structured, detailed, and fluent audit reports.
- CECL Methodology, May 30, webinar — This program is designed to review the elements and thought the process in establishing and maintaining an adequate ALLL level under the new regulatory guidance referred to as CECL.
- FDIC INTREx Work Program, May 31, webinar — The work program incorporates many of the work steps and review areas from the FFIEC IT Examination Handbook while drawing from the CAT declarative statements and adopting a focus on cybersecurity.